Partnerships for Student Success
Tuesday 20 to Friday 23 September 2022
The Learning and Teaching Office aims to encourage academics to see professional growth as a journey of continual learning framed within the scholarship of teaching and learning.
Our premier event to support this aim, is the annual gathering of educator scholars. We have adopted a summit format which showcases good practice learning and teaching. We will also hear from our students as partners; engage with a panel of experts from other institutions about how they use learning technologies to enhance student learning, and we will be holding a workshop for those interested or who are new to the scholarship of learning and teaching.
The theme is ‘Partnerships for Student Success' with three sub-themes:
- Developing purposeful partnerships: Reimaging curriculum to enrich student learning experiences to meet student and community needs. This could include learning and teaching that focuses on: underserved communities; pastoral care in a digital age; retention/first year experience (building a connection, pastoral care); engaging students/rich learning experiences; pedagogies that enrich student learning experiences.
- Tools and strategies for creating sustainable partnerships: This could include learning and teaching that focuses on: use of learning technologies to sustain student engagement and open new spaces for collaboration outside the University; digital platforms; pedagogies to facilitate collaboration and connection; connecting as a global village; quality of the student experience in the digital learning environment; learning in contemporary learning and teaching spaces; virtual placements, online and distributed teamwork.
- Future-proofing learning and teaching through partnerships: Practices and pedagogies to meet student future needs and future needs of the professions and employers. This could include learning and teaching that focuses on: partnerships for effective student/graduate transitions; digital connections to optimise student success; interdisciplinary, and professional partnerships to enrich learning and teaching; micro-credentials and new program structures; partnerships with industry in development.
We encourage you to become involved whether it be by; submitting an abstract (on your own or with a colleague); or simply by coming along and joining in the conversations.
2022 Key dates:
- 1 March – Call for abstracts (300 words)
- 25 July – Extended deadline for abstract submissions
- 14 August - Presentation sessions confirmed
- 14 September – Registrations close
- 20 September – Official Opening & Student Panel
- 21 September – Keynote address and staff presentations
- 22 September – Experts in learning & teaching panel
- 23 September – SoTL workshop for new researchers
Browse the contents of 2022 Educator Scholar Summit:
- Educator Scholar Summit: Full program
- Tuesday 20 September to Friday 23 September 2022
- Student Panel: Building a culture of learning and teaching partnerships with students
- Tuesday 20 September 2022
- Keynote Presentation: Associate Professor Chi Baik
- Wednesday 21 September 2022
- Academic Staff Presentations
- Wednesday 21 September 2022
- Expert Panel: Leadership in learning and teaching panel
- Thursday 22 September 2022
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Workshop
- Friday 23 September 2022