A visually dark and comic film, set in a society lost within its endless, self-defeating pursuits, Ephemeral is the story of how a seemingly ordinary train trip home, turns into much more than its weary passengers expect. They unknowingly begin their symbolic journey in solitude, and as they travel the entire route, they succumb to the bittersweet nature of human behaviour.
An empty cola can which begins as a distraction, triggers a sequence of events evoked by each passenger's hopes, dreams and yearning for contentment.
It also beckons their darker side, leading them to ultimate greed and division. And as their journey comes to an end, they find themselves arriving back to the very beginning.
How does an empty cola can have the power to unite them, divide them and punish them?
Ephemeral was written by Tony Radevski, directed by Tony Radevski and Jongsu Oh, produced by Tony Radevski and Jongsu Oh and animated by Jongsu Oh.
Ephemeral was funded by the Australian Film Commission and sold to SBS Television.
- St Kilda Film Festival 2009, won Best Sound Post Production;
- St Kilda Film Festival 2009, nominated for Best Short Animation;
- Dendy Awards 2008, Sydney Film Festival, won Most Innovative Film;
- ATOM Award 2008: nominated for Best Short Animation.
- Australia, 13 June 2008, Sydney Film Festival
- Australia, 4 July 2008, Revelation Perth International Film Festival
- Brazil, 16 July 2008, Anima Mundi Animation Festival
- Australia, 1 August 2008, Brisbane Film Festival
- USA, 25 August 2008, Palm Springs International Short Film Festival
- Australia, 17 October 2008, Canberra Short Film Festival
- Australia, 15 January 2009, Flickerfest International Short Film Festival
- USA, 25 February 2009, Omaha Film Festival
- France, 27 March 2009, Cinerail Festival
- Germany, 7 May 2009, Stuttgart International Animation Film Festival
- Australia, 16 May 2009, Australian International Animation Festival
- Australia, 28 May 2009, St Kilda Film Festival
- Australia, 27 June 2009, Melbourne International Animation Festival
Radevski, T. (Writer, Director, Producer). (2008). Ephemeral [A film]. Sydney, NSW: Australian Film Commission.