The Prodigal Son
The Prodigal Son is a documentary that explores how first-generation migrant parents have struggled to come to terms with their son's sexuality.
When Ted came out as gay to his parents, his mother Ljubica insisted it was a passing phase and his father Alexo refused to speak to him. Fifteen years passed, with no communication between father and son, until Alexo discovered he was suffering from a serious illness.
Flickerfest International Short Film Festival 2006
- WON: Best Documentary - Highly Commended
- WON: Most Popular Film
IF Awards 2006
- WON: Best Short Documentary
Dendy Awards 2006, Highly Commended
- Australia, 10 January 2006, Flickerfest International Short Film Festival
- Australia, 19 January 2006, Mardi Gras Film Festival
- Australia, 3 May 2006, TV premiere, SBS
- Australia, 17 October 2006, Canberra Capital Queer Film Festival
- USA, 6 May 2007, Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival
- USA, 8 June 2007, Newfest New York LGBT Film Festival
- USA, 16 November 2007, Reeling Chicago Gay Lesbian Film Festival
- Australia, 16 March 2008, Melbourne Queer Film Festival
- Canada, 19 October 2008, Macedonian Film Festival.
The Prodigal Son, Written and Directed by Tony Radevski, produced by Tom Zubrycki, edited by Walter McIntosh.
Funded by: Australian Film Commission, New South Wales Film & TV Office and SBS Independent.
The Prodigal Son is available to the Staff and Students of the University of Notre Dame from St Benedict's Library, Sydney.
Radevski, T. (Writer and Producer). (2006). The Prodigal Son [A film]. Sydney, NSW: Australian Film Commission.